Sis and Julianna

Sis and Julianna
My Hero

Sunday, January 8, 2017

New Years Ponderings

New Years Pondering...
(Written on 1-1-17)


New Years.... traditionally a time to cast off the burdens and mistakes of the current year and rush hopefully into what tomorrow holds in store.
A time for new beginnings and sometimes "good riddance ". A time to plan and hope and wish and feel hopeful.

As I sit here....10 minutes away from 2017, I find none of those emotions filling my heart. It's a different kind of new year. No casting off of today's perplexities. They will come with us into tomorrow. No freshness seems to wait around the corner.


To be completely honest, I dread 2017 I bit. I don't feel the usual anticipation for what this new year will bring. I don't want to know. Don't want to go there. I am a little afraid of 2017.... what will it hold for our angel girl? More pain? More changes and losses? What awaits us?



On this night of future thinking, where the world is poised and all wondering about tomorrow I come to the conclusion I have come to so many times before. What don't I remember this better? Why do I need reminding over and over of this truth?

Our God is in tomorrow.


Our God holds it in His gentle powerful hands.


He is not surprised by tomorrow.


He is not surprised by anything...


He is the strength and courage and comfort that each tomorrow will need.




"For I know the plans I have for you" says the Lord. "Plans to help u and not to harm you. Plans to give u hope and a future"

Jeremiah 29:11


Therefore we do not dread tomorrow. We do not peak around the door into 2017 with fear in our hearts. Yes it s true we have not idea what this new year will hold. But honestly we never have! We just thought we did.


God is in tomorrow and we can rest tonight knowing He loves us and will be beside us not matter what. The love of a father for His child... I see it in Julianna and her daddy. It is a thing of beauty. A tie that cannot be severed by illness or time or any other force. God loves us that way. May we snuggle into His great arms and rest. 

Peace to each of you and your loved ones. May this year bring you closer to Jesus.
Thank u for your love and support.

❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment